Annual Services Inquiry 2010
Turnover in Distribution and Services exceeded €190bn in 2010
The CSO has released the results of Annual Services Inquiry 2010 today. This is the detailed survey of Distribution and Services sectors of the economy.
- Gross turnover of Distribution enterprises in 2010 was just over €101,580m and gross value added €15,463m. A total of 329,637 persons were engaged and €8,266m was paid in wages and salaries during the year.
- Gross turnover of Services enterprises in 2010 was just over €88,850m and gross value added €31,069m. A total of 561,553 persons were engaged and €15,350m was paid in wages and salaries during the year.
- Compared to 2009 increased levels of economic activity were registered in Motor Trades, Wholesale and Information and Communication with increases in turnover of 11%, 3% and 6%, and with increases in GVA of 5%, 9% and 16%, respectively.
- The level of economic activity was roughly similar to 2009 values in Transport, but decreased in all other areas, with the sharpest decline of 7% in turnover and 9% in GVA registered in Accommodation and Food sector.
- Gross wages paid decreased in all sectors except Information and Communication, where they remained roughly unchanged. The sharpest decrease of 12% was registered in Motor Trades and Real Estate sectors.
Please note that all data tables for 2010 are available on CSO’s data dissemination service at
These tables present a detailed picture of the structure and activity of Distribution and Services in 2010. Short-term indicators of trends in turnover, employment and earnings, stocks and capital assets are published regularly to monitor current developments.
For further information contact:
Viacheslav Voronovich on 021 453 5164 or Mary Duggan 021 453 5584
Central Statistics Office 11 July 2012
– ENDS –