Earnings, Hours and Employment Costs Survey
Short Term Statistic Division
To produce indices for the purpose of monitoring change in Labour Costs in Ireland and across the European Union.
Will satisfy emerging Labour Cost Index Regulation and Job Vacancy requirement
Enterprises NACE 5 - 96
Sample selection from Business Register.
Principal Variables Collected:
Number Employees, Hours, Earnings, Bonuses. relating to whole quarter
Principal External Users:
EU and all national users
Business Area Specialists:
The business specialists above can be contacted by e-mail using their email@example.com
- Instruction Leaflet A - EHEC Survey (PDF 44KB)
- Instruction Leaflet B - EHEC Survey (PDF 44KB)
- Occupational Codes (Excel 59KB)
- Information note on EHECS indices (PDF 14KB)
- Information note on Public Sector Employment (PDF 13KB)
- Methodology for production of broad occupational category estimates (PDF 48KB)
Technical Information and Guidelines
The CSO has developed technical information and guidelines for payroll software providers to facilitate the extraction and automatic generation of a data file and/or report. This will meet the majority of the data requirements of the Earnings, Hours and Employment Costs Survey (EHECS) and the National Employment Survey (NES).
This development should significantly contribute to a reduction in the response burden on our data providers.
These links contain the necessary technical information and guidelines that may be of interest to both payroll software developers and our customers.